Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sit On A Tack (from the Sunday's Bulletin)

There is an old song we sing that says, “There will be joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.” And it makes me happy. Perhaps we can start singing, “There is joy, joy, joy, joy down at St. Paul’s,” because that’s what many of us have been experiencing the last couple of weeks.

There was a retired Episcopal (that’s Anglican in the USA) priest from Virginia who managed to get off of the cruise ship last Sunday morning and make it to our service. This is what he said to me after the service, “This was a wonderful worship service. I am so happy we found you. It is clear that the Spirit of God is in this place.” Several people from Montreal Diocese were also with us and echoed the same thing. One of them said, “Oh, I wish we had some of what you have.”

As you know, we have embarked on a new schedule for Sunday mornings. It seems to have met with a good amount of support in our congregation, mainly because of the joy. My prayer is that the joy, joy, joy, joy we’ve found is sustained. I encourage you to tell your friends, neighbours and family members that there is joy down at St. Paul’s.

There is a verse in that “Joy, Joy, Joy” song that I remember but that we don’t seem to sing any more. It says, “If the devil doesn’t like it he can sit on a tack.”

No comments: