Friday, May 1, 2009

A Pastor’s Excuses

Twelve reasons why a local clergyman stopped attending athletic events:
· Every time I went, they asked me for money.
· The people with whom I had to sit didn’t seem very friendly.
· The seats were too hard and not comfortable.
· The coach never came to call on me.
· The referee made decisions with which I could not agree.
· I was sitting with some hypocrites– they came to see only what others were wearing.
· Some games went in to overtime, and I was late getting home.
· The band played some numbers that I had never heard before.
· The games are scheduled when I want to do other things.
· My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
· Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know more than the coaches anyhow.
· I don’t want to take my children because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they
like best.
From Illustrations Unlimited, James S. Hewett, Editor.

No comments: